Worcester 28CDi RSF Combi Boiler - 2011

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is situated in the loft of a normal 2 storey house. I get hot water quite quickly upstairs, but it takes about 3 minutes of full flow before any hot water comes through downstairs. Is there something wrong with the system or the boiler? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably not has it always been like this? Also this model of boiler should not have been fitted in 2011 if thats what the title implies

Planned obsolescence. The boiler manufacturers cartel got together several years ago, oh about 1983, they decided to apply planned obsolescence to all their products. Make a boiler with a limited lifespan & condensing boilers are turning out to be the rose in their crown!!!

German manufacturers are masters of this method of manufacturing.
Guess who invented the phrase 'German Engineering'?..... ;)

The manual implies it is 2011. I only moved here 2½ years ago and it was like it then.

Sponsored Links
I think the 2011 date must have been a replacement part, does anyone know how old it is likely to be.

It sounds like a simple case of your boiler being further from your downstairs taps than your upstairs taps to me. If this is the case, then the cure is to move the boiler, or find a more direct route via which pipes to your downstairs can be run (and accept that you'll have pipes running down a wall somewhere)

Agreed, probably long pipe runs. It's not guaranteed that they will take the shortest or smartest route if it's a newish boiler on older pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back