Worcester 28CDi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a new diverter valve fitted (no hot water) I've noticed that when using the shower, the bathroom radiator gets hot. i'm assuming this is taking the hot water not needed in the shower. Only thing is, it never happened before.

If its any help, I used a pencil to wedge the micro switch on to get temporary hot water until the DV was fitted (plumbers idea) and the same thing happened then.

Any ideas guy's?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Iffy said:
Hi

Just had a new diverter valve fitted (no hot water) I've noticed that when using the shower, the bathroom radiator gets hot. i'm assuming this is taking the hot water not needed in the shower. Only thing is, it never happened before.

If its any help, I used a pencil to wedge the micro switch on to get temporary hot water until the DV was fitted (plumbers idea) and the same thing happened then.

Any ideas guy's?

Thanks

Did he fit the whole valve of just change the diaphragm.

I think that I could answer that question!!!

Its often the result of not getting the diverter repaired for a while after it first fails. So the manifold section sticks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If the plunger isnot comeing far enough out to hit the micro switch the obviously the gates in the valve wont be fully seated.Remove any pencils or sim. As Agile said the manifold the diverter valve sits in has a bi pass hoe/pipe atached if this is blocked it can produce some pressure behind the valve stopping it seating fully ,truble is with the diverter valve in its a sod to clean out as the small pipe is hard up against another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back