worcester 28i junior water problem

Doesn't explain the low flow rate and the reason it's so hot is because it's going through your boiler so slowly and picking up lots of heat. Your boiler doesn't have a temperature control but it does have a temperature limit for the water, if it's going at a very low flow rate though it will hit the limit and cut out then come back on when it's cooled down (hence the original problem).

Sponsored Links
I would be cutting into the cold inlet in to the boiler to what flow/pressure I have and then cutting into the hot below the boiler and checking the flow out of the boiler.

IF the plates been changed and filter checked, I'd want to be sure the problem wasn't external to the boiler

I think that you can reduce the hot water temp somehow in software settings.

Tony

I think that you can reduce the hot water temp somehow in software settings.

Tony
You can, for scald protection. But that would limit it way too low. He's having a flow rate problem and I expect the temperature problem would be fixed if the flow was good.

Sponsored Links
Did your gasman try taking the flow regulator out and try it without it ? I would whip cold inlet off, check that then hot outlet off the boiler, rig a flexi up and try that. Not very time consuming and it should prove where the blockage is.

I would be cutting into the cold inlet in to the boiler to what flow/pressure I have and then cutting into the hot below the boiler and checking the flow out of the boiler.

IF the plates been changed and filter checked, I'd want to be sure the problem wasn't external to the boiler

:p

:p

:D :D
I should pay more attention ;)

I check sensors by measuring their resistance.

It always surprises me that some RGIs don't want to do that!

Perhaps its to change yet another part at the owner's cost and thus boost their income?

Tony

Don't some fault at some temp ranges but not at others, so difficult to diagnose sometimes?

Since the work was carried out Thursday. The boiler hasn't cut out yet but the water is very very hot and still have the very average flow rate on the hot. Cold pressure is very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back