junior 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there hot water temperature control on worcester junior 28i standard efficiency combi.Where can i get user instuctions.

Sponsored Links
No there isn't full ramp when you turn tap on.

I have MI's if you want em

I have a shower cabin with manual mixer(brand new) and cant adjust between being too cold or two hot.Would a pressure reducing valve on the cold help.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't need any valve fella - combi boilers provide ballanced pressure between hot and cold.

You probably need to callibrate the shower valve.

Can email tomorrow if you have your email addy in your profile.

Al

But , cold off cold main , hot off combi. Cold probably higher pressure.

no no budy exactly the same pressure - the hot from combi is also from the main.

The only difference is the fow rate between the cold and hot - but pressure is the same.

will most likely be the shower valve - maybe you have indifferent pressure reducers in the supply pipework - or just needs calibrating.

AL

was thinking on the calibrating side of things.Hot on the left , cold on the right. valve lever swung to the right supplies hot.Its only a cheap unit. would it make a difference if hot and cold where swapped.just trying to get all options for when i go look at it.

Fitz - I am in Widnes and work all over Merseyside if that is any benefit to you.

In the meantime - if the shower valve is a lever type, by which I mean a handle that you hold and move right or left to adjust temp? - then you should have cold when moving the lever over to the right1
Maybe hot/cold connected wrong way? would certainly give the symptoms you have.

Al

im in st helens and job is in birchwood area.wanted to get my head around all possible causes before i go and look. want to sort it out first time , not going back and fore.i think the valve maybe set reversed , but will try and find MIs first and clibration.B&Q shower cabinet (palma)

You will almost deffo find the supplies reversed fella.

Most of the time it is easy to callibrate without MI's. Just move up to the red stop button and measure to 38 degrees c. if there isn't a stop button (anti scald) then set max to about 43 degrees c - pos less if children are using shower.

Good luck fella

Off to bed - cos no cool guests on Jonathan Woss.

update. cold main very weak. hot on shower too hot, turn to mid position on shower valve and temp is o.k. after about 2 min , boiler shuts down due to temp and then fires up again, this is continuous (ON , OFF, ON ,OFF)At full flow on hot taps , temp is very hot.Would a blending valve on the hot help, or would it repeat what the shower valve is doing.

eventually got back to sort this one.phoned worcester who said i cant change anything on boiler because it was all factory set.what a load of rubbish. i decided to check everything out on boiler just in case.guess what ? min pressure was 6mbr.Boiler wouldnt mod down enough so cut of when shower water mixed.All o.k now.

eventually got back to sort this one.phoned worcester who said i cant change anything on boiler because it was all factory set.what a load of rubbish. i decided to check everything out on boiler just in case.guess what ? min pressure was 6mbr.Boiler wouldnt mod down enough so cut of when shower water mixed.All o.k now.

I had that nonsence when I called Vaillant and Fritz told me that only Vaillant engineers are permitted to adjust the burner pressures on their boilers.

Its time the manufacturers realised that RGIs do need to set up boilers properly and that many actually know hot to as well!

Surely Worcester and Vaillant people do read these forums? Its a pity they dont take heed of the feedback we give them to improve their service.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back