Worcester 28i Verus Valiant 831 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that ever fitter have their preference, but have had two quotes around the same price and need to make a decision. What would everyone recommend between the WB 28i high and Valiant 831 plus ecotech boilers?

House is two bedroom terrace, 1 bathroom and 7 rads.

Also, will TRVs need to be fitted onto every radiator? currently system has them on all except one (pressure relief I believe). Will an additional one be needed or can it stay as currently setup?

both fitters have recommended to run a new pipe (15meters) from meter due to small diameter of current pipe (15mm). Is it correct doing 28mm at start down to 22mm near to the meter to keep the pressure up?

all fitters have recommended powerflush, magnaclean and inhibitor.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Worcester are good but with your two choices i'd go with the Vaillant everytime.

You can leave the TRVs how they are if you want but you'll have to get boiler interlock (room stat) if you don't already have one.

Sounds like your gas pipe will need upgrading but it's impossible to give you any details on pipe size etc without knowing more detail, leave that up to the fitter (22mm min)

Powerflush/filter/inhibitor, yep!

How much are your quotes? If you don't mind me asking.

Vaillant for me, however the worcester is a 28KW and the Vaillant a 31 KW so its not really comparing like for like with the higher KW vaillant you should get more hot water flow

Sponsored Links
the 28i that will be a junior. No contest with an vaillant ecotec. Better comparison would have been a 30 cdi and a vaillant 831 as they're more similar in price quality. i'd still go for vaillant everytime though. I like a boiler I can actually work on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back