Worcester 28SI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought one of these boilers from the Plumb Centre last month in the hope of having it installed within the next month or two.

I was told by a guy in B&Q that these boilers now go against new regulations and I wont be able to get it installed. Apparantly I have to have a Condensing boiler.
Only way around it, he said, was to apply to the council for an inspection of my property and to gain a certificate to say it can be installed.
BUT, according to him, I probably wont get the certificate as very few properties match the requirments.

Please tell me this isn't true! I cant get my money back on this thing.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you should have let your corgi reg engineer who was goig to fit it supply the boiler like it should be, you made your bed now you have to ly in it, anyway just fit the damn thing nobody is checking anyway.

I havent got a corgi registered engineer yet, Im not ready to fit it. :confused:

I was talking to the B&Q guy about something else and we broached teh subject of boilers.

Is he right or is he wrong?

I "HAD" to have "ANOTHER" day off work, drive for 40 minutes there and 40 minutes back and pay £65.00 to find out, YOU can find out for free from your local authority, give em a ring.

Sponsored Links
Your a dick.
Here, go join this site, I'm sure the questions posed here are not to far above your intellectual ability.

Don't worry Phill he's not typical of most plumbers - they're quietly much worse but certainly haven't got much time for your job as they have to be off planning what to do with their money - no only kidding some of my best mates aren't plumbers. Yes that is the law new boilers fitted must be condensing.

Take it back, they should learn to think before they sell these illegal things, go back and make a very big fuss, insist on an upgrade to a sedbuk band A or Band B boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back