Worcester 35 cdi & Santon unvented pre plumbed cyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 35cdi has a 15/70 pump and the Santon cyl has a Grunfoss auto pump with pretty much same power /pressures.
My question is will they work together no problem or will they fight in the system together....as in, will they cause airation or too much circulation, dissapating the heat or !! what i want to hear is will they run just fine together???

Sponsored Links
Can you explain the juxtaposition of the two pumps?

Tony

Its not that i think they have a contrasting effect to each other.....well i hope not!! I suppose im unsure if the pumps will have a adverse effect on the smooth running of the system.

The boiler and cyl are positioned in the same room, obviously the 35cdi "s pump is internal and the cyl pump came pre plumbed on the primary flow on the cylinder.
The house is a 20 rad ex school house with three stories and it"ll eventually have 4-5 shower rooms.

Am i correct in thinking that as the pumps are in fact intellegent and that they will work as demand instructs them to?

I think ive just talked myself out of suspiciousness, What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Muggles thats the point of my whole post!! I want to know if im going to have issues or if i"ll get away with it and not have to fit a blank in place of the cylinder pump???

Last edited:
Am i correct in thinking Tony that as the pumps are in fact intellegent and that they will work as demand instructs them to?

They are called "smart" pumps. NOT intelligent pumps!

Their communication with the real world is solely through the water being pumped.

How about an answer to my question to you?

Tony

Anyone had any ideas of what the issues will be? Just trying to save myself abit of time messing about , thanks

Last edited:
You could have taken the pump out in the time it's taken you to find out whether you can get away with leaving it in or not! Personally I'd take it out, but you could always try running the system with it in and see how that goes

Yea your right i could of took the pump out, but i never said anything about being on the job Now!
Im there on weekends doing favour for very good friend.

I ask advice because im not affraid of asking the opinion of people who have lived the same issue, i dont care who you are , nobody knows everything, were all learning everyday no matter how old we are.

Peoples attitude on this site needs melowing, you always get a arragent comment or in fact no help at all if your in the trade and asking for advice, in my humble opinion.

Ive used this site since 2010 and its progressivly got more and more trolled by the same people. Who dont help at all but end up creating a pointless thread like this.

O.P. In order to get an informed answer you need to post a hydraulic schematic and give an indication how you intend to tackle the issue of pump/control wiring.

Tony's question is to the point, accusations of trolling not helpful.

Why would I post a schematic , it's not complicated there's two pumps one in the boiler and one on cylinder, I was just curious to see what opinions other trades had before I sort it out myself, don't need my hand held through it thanks, I think after the advice here it's given me the courage to turn the big green ON button and see what comes. Wow! That was sarcasm!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back