Worcester 350 combi boiler. CH cutting out, HW OK. Fan? Pump? Something else?

Fan is obsolete on these too. I've had 2 just recently who've had to replace the boiler because of a duff fan. One just before Christmas!

Sponsored Links
Thanks , ollski - and I'll try taking a look at the instruction manual.

What I'm slightly struggling to understand is, why the CH *seems* to work once the hot water (and hence, the boiler) has been running for a few minutes?!? (It surely can't be coincidence, and equally, can it really be related to the speed resistor and air pressure switch?).

(Thanks, St)rmer66, I know, the majority of parts are now obsolete!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, your posts are slightly distracting.

Now, I know you're a (self-proclaimed) 'expert/professional/boiler guru' and that you've, apparently, extensively worked on Worcester 350s in your time (if I'm not mistaken, I believe the last time was 'just before Christmas' - I assume Christmas 2015?) and, as you say, you've been commenting on them for at least the last 9 years) then it really surprises me that you don't think/know/realise that the 350 does indeed have a fan speed resistor and two PCBs as ollski mentioned (at least according to Google...oh, and the one in my kitchen)

https://hecas.co.uk/fan-speed-resistor?cat=185629
http://www.heatsparesdirect.co.uk/worcester-350-pcb-zagas-125-pc639.html
http://www.heatsparesdirect.co.uk/worcester-350-ignition-pcb-zagas-126-pc613.html

Maybe site management should delete your posts instead of ollski's? As he seems to be speaking way more sense than you (and, by the way, he didn't advise anybody doing any work he just said 'if he was the gas safe man inspecting my boiler he would start with those parts'). By the way, I hope not all (ex)professionals are like you - you're giving them a very bad name!

By the way, thank you very much ollski...I'll get that manual...

There were several different models of the 350.

I had expected that you had the two pump version which is the one that I went to a few weeks ago. You mentioned two pumps although its not always clear if you are describing your boiler or something you have seen on Google. The one I went to only had one PCB and an electronic pilot light.

I have not been to your house and so I cannot be expected to know exactly which version you have. I have to rely on only what you have written.

So we now learn that yours is an earlier permanent pilot model.

However, my view is still the same that your boiler is old and not economically sensible to repair.

I also don't want to encourage you to attempt the DIY repairs which you seen hell bent on doing!

In view of your negativity I am inclined to delete my previous replies to you in case any of them encourages you to continue with your attempts to do DIY repairs on parts of your boiler you should not be accessing.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Fan is obsolete on these too. I've had 2 just recently who've had to replace the boiler because of a duff fan. One just before Christmas!

I am pleased to hear that as I have a new fan for a single pump version which I bought on spec after I got one going by lubricating it and wanted to be ready for when it failed.

Either my lubrication was too effective and its not failed or he has moved somewhere else as its an area where people rarely stay very long.

Sounds like my new fan is appreciating!

I also have a used fan from a two pump version too.

Even went to a Worcester 240 with no fan this week!

Tony

I'd be genuinely interested to see a single pump / single board version of the 350 as I have never seen one and we have had every model from the prototypes for the worcester staff to the last ones round here. Even the short lived diverter versions of the boiler were twin pumped. A 350 is what it is because of the moulded waterways in the backplate so to make it single pump would be impossible as far as i can see.......well unless you called it a 9.24......or a 280!

Perhaps there was no single pump version of the 350.

But there certainly was a single PCB 350 with electronic ignition!

Photo of what?

You don't know the twin pump 350 with single PCB and electronic ignition?

In view of your negativity I am inclined to delete my previous replies to you in case any of them encourages you to continue with your attempts to do DIY repairs on parts of your boiler you should not be accessing.

Tony
Well.....I guess it would suit you to delete your posts due to mis-informing the OP.....

You couldn't make it up Tony..:ROFLMAO:

You have an air of authority in all of your postings...are you the same Tony that askes for advise in the combustion chamber?...basic questions @ that.:censored:

There were several different models of the 350.

There is only one WB 350 AFAIK
Tony I feel education coming on, can you elucidate:oops:

Also has two PCBs. Reason why I know is I fitted this boiler for client and have repaired it over time, replacing left and the right PCB

Has two pumps

Has a fan resistor too

No standing pilot- or pilot assembly.

Last edited:
So what is the fan resistor for then Danny?

They are normally used on PP boilers so the fan runs slowly to evacuate the POC from the pilot when the boiler is not running.

Tony

Last edited:
The fan runs at two speeds
This function is used during ignition sequence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back