worcester 9.24 ch wont kick in after running hw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help, i have a worcester 9.24 combi, its about 15 years old, in very good nick, and had many a service with new parts.
problem is ch works perfect, hw works perfect, but if the ch is on and you take a shower or run the bath, when bath or shower finishes the ch boiler is off, dont kick back in..if you then switch ch off and straight back on, the ch boiler then works fine,, until the next time you run hot water,
its been doing this off and on for the past 15 years or so,, other than this everythings ok,, i hope someone can help me with this as its starting to get a bit of a nuisance,, many thnx in advance as im sure its something thats happened to someone else...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
if its been serviced why haven't they fixed the fault ? I fitted this boiler in my last house in 1989 and its still workig ok. It sounds like a sticking micro switch on the end of the diverter valve, but that doesn't explain why you can turn it off and back on again and get it working

hi compheat, thnx for reply,, its had new divertervalve and micro switch so thats not the prob,,
and it sods law it works ok while being serviced,, thats why its taken so many years to diagnose,,@ the moment of replying to this thread its working fine , so cant be nothing major,,,,,, but it will playup again,,
thats why i joined this forum, ive given up on the local plumbers.....

To give them their due its VERY difficult to find faults which are not present on a visit.

Worse, there are some customers who imagine or make up faults just to be perverse. Thats usually after some work has been done and in some cases its a ploy to delay/refuse to pay.

There are also tenants who do this and in some cases sabotage boilers to "get their own back at the landlord".

Not all landlords are good either, last night I met a tenant who had been evicted because his landlord had collected the £1500 pcm rent but not paid his building society!

Tony

Sponsored Links
if I were to have a guess at the fault I would say dhw/ch flow switch sticking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back