WORCESTER 9.24 PILOT LIGHT GOING OUT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

Our pilot light on our Worcester 9.24 electronic boiler keeps going out. It only seems to do it after we run a lot of hot water, for example after running a bath and it happens every day. We went away for a few days this week and the pilot light was still lit when we came back but when we are home and using the water it goes out at least once a day.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Elvina

Sponsored Links
HI

pilot assembly needs cleaning.RGI terretory.

As it is doing it when you are running hot water for a length of time before it drops out then it is very common on the worcester that you have a faulty HW sensor or a partially blocked calorifier and it is not transfering the heat properly into the water .
This causes boiler to go to overheat and it trips the pilot for safety.
Bet if you run it for CH only with no HW demand at all pilot will stay on

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you get a RGI and ask him to check the pump overrun stat aswell.
Very often over looked. calorifier problems can be checked by taking temperature of hot water at tap as opposed to return temperature within boiler. These old boys are fairly resistent to scale and sludge. If you get more than 15-20 deg difference in temperature then that could be the problem.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back