Worcester 9.24 RSF Heatslave Electronic Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 9.24 RSF Heatslave electronic gas combi boiler (not sure of the year which is a pain), I can only get hot water when the heating is on & the thermostat turned right up.
The rubber diaphragm in the diverter valve cracks with wear so I need to replace the rubber diaphragm or replace the whole diverter valve including diaphragm.
Does any one know where I can get my hands on a new diverter valve or diaphragm. I am really stuck!

Sponsored Links
Can Worcester not get the parts for you?
(www.worcester-bosch.co.uk)

I'm no expert on boilers but we used to specify them way back in the 80's/90's and I am sure they changed the brown fascia of the earlier ones to the grey fascia with green lettering around 1989/1990

They are mostly 18-20 years old.

Whilst they work OK when they are working, there are several aspects to the design which are not very good.

The diverter is a real pain to access as it needs the gas valve to be removed and that should only be done by a CORGI engineer.

Anyone with one should be saving up to replace it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
The diverter is a real pain to access as it needs the gas valve to be removed and that should only be done by a CORGI engineer.

Tony

Are you sure Tony, I've never come across that before. Not on the standard 9.24 rsf anyway, though I can imagine you may have to on one of the variants.

All I can say is that I tried to change one but failed to get one of the unions undone and ended up just changing the diaphragm.

I remember that I had to remove the gas valve although I dont recall if that was to enable me to change the divertor or the diaphragm. I now remember to avoid doing anything on that model.

The fan only just operates the APS and the thin flexible tubes between the venturi and the metal tubes through the combustion chamber are only just long enough to reach as fitted and when removed the ends split and there is insufficient tube to reach any more.

The pump is unchangeable unless you have a couple of feet free underneath.

In short the whole boiler is a pain.

Tony

Gas valve is over to the left, DV at the right hand end of the 2ndry heat exchanger. Looking at Identiffier. Tony's must be different?

That one had a 400 mm long black tubular steel sec HE and the diverter was behind that and pretty inaccessable.

It was a fan flued boiler with a built in header tank !

It had an electronically ignited pilot flame which when detected brought on the main burner. Perhaps its this "electronic" version?

Tony

You need to remove the right hand side panel and bottom to make life a bit easier for the complete valve and diaphragm is one of the easiest out there...not sure about the 9.24 electronic though, totally different design and I have never done one.

No no no no no no yes.

Fan flued like the man says, "Electronic" like the man says ("RSF-E" and the one before it) , both have long dhwhe and DV in front of it at the right, easy access!

All a bit confusing. The earlier (Pre 89) version was called a Heatslave and the DV was behind the dhwhe which you had to remove to get the DV out. (But not the gas valve, officially).

The Electronic versions (there were 2, up to 92) had the DV in front - but they weren't called Heatslave any more. Both the "electronic" models had permanent pilots.

So Mr Champion your boiler doesn't exist. Unless there was an intermediate model!

I've got a new dhwhe for one of these if anyone has a need..!

"""All a bit confusing. The earlier (Pre 89) version was called a Heatslave and the DV was behind the dhwhe which you had to remove to get the DV out. (But not the gas valve, officially)."""

Thats clearly the one which I was faced with.

The steel DHW HE was firmly rusted in place and the gas valve was the only way to get at the DV.

Having said that, I would probably prefer to remove a gas valve than a steel HE in view of the risk of leaking water later.

Oddly, most of the few models of these that I have visited have been similar to that one, a real PIG !

Tony

I've had a couple of the brown fronted heatslave 9.24s where the washers have rotted in the pipework behind the expansion vessel at the top and the slightest movement on it causes them to flood.....nightmare when its 2 inches off the ceiling :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back