WORCESTER 924 PILOT GOING OUT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have been useing my combi for years without many major probs, but lately the pilot light has been going out after i run a bath or shower,
its had new dhw sensor, ch sensor,couple of thermocouples, diverter valve and couple of micro switches.
whats happening is after running hot water for 10 mins the combi is cutting the gas valve off, the pump has been on the slowest speed for a few years now(nice and quiet)
i switch pump on to the middle speed and i can run hot water for ages without boiler shuting gas valve off, so to me it looks as if the pump could need replaceing, yet central heating works fine , all very hot rads, i would have thought if pump was no good ch wouldnt work, any ideas,

thnx

Sponsored Links
cmon wheres the combi experts??????????????????

i need help plze,,

you shouldn't keep altering the pump speed, that is not what the settings are for, once set it should be left alone.
I don't have the MIs to hand for your boiler, but the norm for combis is to have pump, if it's a variable speed, on highest setting.

Sponsored Links
every thing working great, no probs at all on 2 speed, been running since i first post,, if i switch pump back nto 1 speed again pilot light gos out after i run bath or shower,, plse can someone tell me if this is PUMP problem..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back