Worcester Boiler 28CDI?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

Looking for a bit of advice on two points before having a new boiler installed.

First off on which boiler to go for. I have been quoted for a Worcester 30i but was told that the 28CDI would be far better. I live semi detatched 3 bed house with 1 shower/bathroom that also has a WC. I've been told the 28CDI i a better boiler any thoughts on this?

I've been given the option of a chemical fluid (can't remember the name of it) that helps the boiler run more efficiently and extends the warranty by one year - this cost of this was approx £295. What does this chemical do and is it worth it?

Thanks for any help :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not much difference between the 2 boilers, apart from software and a couple of other bits. The only thing I can think of that will increase your warranty on the Worcester is a Greenstar System Filter, but £295 is a bit steep, especially if your fitting the boiler at the same time.

Not much difference between the 2 boilers, apart from software and a couple of other bits. The only thing I can think of that will increase your warranty on the Worcester is a Greenstar System Filter, but £295 is a bit steep, especially if your fitting the boiler at the same time.

Ah this may have been what it was! does seem to ring a bell but was quite a lot to take in over a quick phonecall! Perhaps it is the filter plus some form of cleansing chemicals? Either way it does seem a lot to extend the warranty by 1 year to 8 years instead of the standard 7 i was quoted for.

Oh and i don't think that includes VAT

Last edited:
How were you controlling the boiler, Worcester offer their smart thermostat - The Wave, which adds another 2 years to the warranty.

Sponsored Links
They will be installing the Nest thermostat that i bought a year ago at the same time as the boiler.

Did have a look at the wave but given i've already got the nest felt i better use it :)

well i have been offered a baxi for £500 more by another supplier......

as well as an intergas which im still awaiting a quote for. Was quite a very competitive quote for the Worcester tbh

Worcester all day long, there's a reason intergas isn't that well known :unsure:
This was my thinking, there is only one person within a 100 mile radius that supports intergas.

Worcester have a number of accredited installers and engineers to support their boilers which as a person who is not in the know, is important.

Worcester all day long, there's a reason intergas isn't that well known :unsure:

Please allow me to elaborate on why worcester are "apparently" good.

No actual reason other than the marketing and business team within that company is one of the best out there.

Akin to 'why make the best.....Surely it's cheaper to make people "think" we are good'

I have...in many years of this game NEVER once had someone actually explain to me 'why' worcester are good.

Many people are capable of telling me why they like to fit them....pretty much always because "easy to sell innit.... people wanna have em innit....give em what they want innit".
not a single "i like theM because the engineering is second to none and they're so versatile"
Or.... "for me.....it's the fact I know there so easy to replace parts on if theres an issue".

Nope. nobody I've ever spoken to says that about worcester.

Vaillant. ..another German fake plastic rot box.... they're even worse. at least worshitter have the decency to put their leaking plastic bits under the combustion chamber.... so when they leak it just drips onto the surface below.... unlike Vaillant where it leaks inside the combustion box and rots it away. USULLY from the diverter that doesn't leak.....

SO.....it's a odd occurrence when you discuss a intergas with anyone..... even someone who don't understand engineering....."well built....solid......."

IMANGINE what the marketing dept at worcester would be able too achieve if they had a product as versatile....robust....solid....well built..... they'd probably be able to sort out the middle east by lunch time !

Just saying....

WORCESTER all the way innit.

Indeed there is - they don't have the vast marketing budget that Woofter do, as they prefer to spend their money on creating well-engineered, solidly built boilers that will far outlast anything else out there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back