Worcester Boiler Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to get a boiler engineer out but looking unlikely before christmas

I have a worcester 30si boiler with nest

The boiler has started to constantly need resetting. I have removed the shroud to see what is happening and now can see a gas flame in the top right of the boiler.

I'm guessing this isn't normal.

We have had to reset the boiler approx 5 times per year but now it won't stay on when heating is on. It just goes to reset

If you look at the photos it shows where the blue flame is coming from.

Any help appreciated as to what it may be

Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7392.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7392.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 291
  • thumbnail_IMG_7387.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7387.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 296
  • thumbnail_IMG_7385.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7385.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 283
  • thumbnail_IMG_7383.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7383.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 284
Sponsored Links
I'm guessing this isn't normal.

That's an understatement. You shouldn't have removed the front cover either and should really switch it off until you can get a Gas Safe person to look at it.

SHUT IT DOWN, DO NOT USE!

This is a dangerous failure of the burner gasket which requires immediate attention. You should not have removed the cover, and firing the boiler in this condition puts you at serious risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Presumably it's not been serviced for a number of years. If it has, they didn't do it properly. Your best bet will be to call Worcester out to it, as they'll probably be able to get the parts faster than anyone else. Might just need a new gasket but with that going on for goodness knows how long it's equally possible that it'll need a new burner and wiring harness. Keep your fingers crossed but be prepared for them to tell you it's beyond economic repair

Last edited:
Follow @muggles advice, turn off right away and do not use. What exactly are you calling a shroud?

Sponsored Links
Turn that off immediately and do not use it again till properly repaired it is very dangerous

basically they are telling you its feked ;)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back