Worcester boiler needs part and flushed ,better to replace with new,it's prob 20yrs old?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My boiler has a leak,I have a monthly boiler cover with SSE
The guy said he will try to get the part but system needs flushed. If not flushed they won't cover the boiler .
He recommends a new boiler,system would be flushed and obviously would have a filter in it ,mine doesn't.
Is Baxi a reliable boiler?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I take it the system water quality must be poor if they’re recommending a flush? if it’s not then it’s just a pressure selling point. Did you see it?

Not really, but it's an old system more like 25yr or older,never been flushed so it's probable I guess?

No, not really, just because it’s never been flushed, it doesn’t automatically need one. If the system water is clear/yellow in colour, and you’ve not had issues, then it’s likely you’ve either had it maintained, or it’s just as it was when first installed.

All I’m trying to say is, don’t be pushed into something you don’t want or need. If you’re looking to get a new boiler, then that’s your call, but if you’re happy with the existing setup, and not throwing loads of money at it, then I don’t see the harm in keeping it.

SSE home services doesnt exist anymore, you have a self employed contractor working for CORGI Homeplan, you are being ripped off

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Apparently they have the part so that's good
I've been told there is evidence of sludge in the system and if it causes damage in the future the repair won't be covered though.
The water dripping from the leak is crystal clear so that's confusing

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Apparently they have the part so that's good
I've been told there is evidence of sludge in the system and if it causes damage in the future the repair won't be covered though.
The water dripping from the leak is crystal clear so that's confusing
they are trying to scare you into spending 600 quid plus on a flush save the money and put towards your new boiler . If its a combi you have baxi 630 is a cracking little boiler very reliable 7 year warranty or slightly dearer as the 830 and ten year warranty same boiler

Can anyone recommend a good reliable company to supply and fit a new boiler in glasgow area,there are so many!

Can anyone recommend a good reliable company to supply and fit a new boiler in glasgow area,there are so many!
There’s a few on here, but Glasgow as an area isn’t that small :idea: it also depends how busy they are.

I have been quoted 2200 to supply and fit a baxi combi with 10yr warranty, is that a decent price?
Is the warranty with the manufacturer?
I'm in Dumbarton.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back