worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester heatslave 15/19 oil fired boiler. All seems to be ok apart from the hot water intermittantly getting very hot to the point of scalding. Sometimes warm,next time as t should be, and then next time it's enough to scald the skin off your hands. Engineers have been out and changed the hot water thermostat at least three of times with no sign of problem being rectified. Last engineer says it must be heat transfer from heating inside boiler unit which is quite common. I think if this is the case the boiler needs something drastic doing to it. As the stat is there to control hot water temperature there should have no connection at all with heating side. As this boiler is now discontinued I don't even know f they are getting the right stat for it. Can anyone possibly shed any light on this for me please. I would pay to get this sorted myself but it's a council property so obviously they "allegedly" service and maintain the boilers.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Possibly diverter valve problems. You can do little but keep moaning and maybe suggest to the next engineer the council send that he tests the operation of the diverter.

The heatslave series boilers use one pump and a diverter valve to send the heated water where it is needed......when hot water is called for the diverter tells the pump to heat the internal heatslave tank, and when the hot water isn't needed anymore the diverter switches the hot water to the rads.
I suspect that the diverter isn't behaving too well, but lets wait for more expert opinions!
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back