Worcester Bosch 240 New Diverter valve CH not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a W/B 240 and the Diverter valve had gone. :confused:
So i purhased a new diverter valve (banico) instead of the replaced Giannoni item, from BES.

I also changed the O Ring in the slip valve, and every thing seemed Fine.
Now open the DHW taps and hot water but the valve is making funny sounds and sqweeling.

The Central heating will not circulate to downstairs, no matter how many times I bleed the system. Works fine upstairs. pipping hot, and it worked before changing valves.

Could these problems be the replacement Diverter valve, as the valve unit has a shuttle at the rear I think for the CH system. Or could it be the grub screws behind the cover plate.

forgot to mention the boiler is in the loft

Sponsored Links
got in touch with Banico and it sounds like the shuttle valve atthe rear of the divereter is sticking.
Repair old diverter valve and send the new one back me thinks.

Could be dirt in the valve. If you put a hw tap on, does the CH flow pipe get hot?
This proves whether it goes one way fully not the other, but dirt typically would affect both ways.
If there's a "leak" to the hw side it will reduce the pump pressure available to circulate the ch water.

If you took the diaphragm out, put the ch on and run a tap, it should run cold - bit of effort but easier than removing the DV.

Question: If you put a hw tap on, does the CH flow pipe get hot?

Answer: No it dosnt get any warmer.

when the tap is on there is a shuttling noise comming from the rear of the diverter valve, possible the spring behind the circlip is knackered.
In Giannoni terms this is called the silencer.

Sponsored Links
Ive had the same problem with those cheap banico valves, mind you most of what BES sells is cheap and not fit for purpose.

NOT SO WARM IS NOW TOO BLOODY WARM

Well BES sent the repair kit for the original together with some gaskets, and after a quick rebuild , some silicone grease.

Fixed Ripped out the Banico Valve, Put in the original but rebuilt, bleed the system.

Fantastic.

Leason for the year Dont buy Cheap After Market Diverter Valves. :)

Let me guess it has MUT on it, in a rectangular cartouche ?

Nope couldnt find that logo.

But looking at the ports from the pump the valve had broken and was partialy open, that would explain the rattling noise comming from it.

Broken - oh! Something else to look out for, thanks. Circlip may have come off shaft and let things move about perhaps.

P6030240.JPG

nope circlip in place.

Banico knock out zone valves virtually identical to Honeywell's. They were very cagey at Interbuild as to whether they were manufactured under licence or just copies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back