Worcester Bosch 240 RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I may have posted this before but here goes.

I have replaced the diverter valve, about four months ago, on this boiler as it was heating the CH whilst the hot water was on demand, meaning the water was only getting tepid. This had no effect, but as it was winter and the CH was on most of the time it wasn't really an issue, as the water would still get very hot provided the CH had been on for a while. Now we're going into Summer (sort of) can I ask will it be ok to close all rads and just operate HW demand as this forces full heating power to the DHW. I know for CH operation you should have at least one bypass rad open always, but I am not going to be using the CH at all. Although does the boiler require a CH circuit to dissipate heat once the HW demand has ended. For instance with just one rad open, the boiler runs for a lot longer after a prolonged HW demand phase than with all rads open.

I know this is only a temp fix, but my only other idea it could be as scale in the DHW, reducing flow through it and kicking the heat back into the CH system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back