Worcester Bosch 28cdi rsf diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what the black square knob is for on the diverter valve - asked on other forums but no answers
IMG_7478.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Any reason you want to know? Could be a restrictor?

Yes I agree but why would you need it, think it restricts the htw

Sponsored Links
Yes I agree but why would you need it, think it restricts the htw
The MIs state that a restrictor is fitted to restrict the (DHW) flow to 10.0LPM (+or-15%) on the 28 CDI, don't know if this is supposed to be calibrated on commissioning but imagine it may be to ensure that the boiler gives its rated output which can then be calculated by measuring the DHW temp and the mains temp once the flow rate is known. DHW temp rise is normally specified at a 35C rise, in the 28CDI this will be at 11.5LPM, (10+15%), the temp rise at 8.5LPM, (10-15%) will be 47C and at 10LPM will be 40C.

Yep it's purely a flow restrictor as above absolute pain of a valve to change be prepared for leaks afterwards. Change the O rings especially on cold inlet and plenty of silicone grease. Cover pcb housing with cling film stop water getting to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back