Worcester Bosch boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch 28CDi RSF boiler. The pressure gauge on the front panel keeps creeping up, even though I haven't had the central heating on for months. The grey filling knob is turned off as tight as it will go, and the bayonet key is removed, but still the problem persists. Any suggestions ????

Sponsored Links
have you actually removed the filling loop? (Thing just after the filling knob)

I don't think I have. Can you be more specific ???? Thanks

the filling loop is the silver braided flexible pipe that goes from your cold water supply (main) to your heating system.

as i said its the thing connected to the other end of the grey knob you turned off. I am thinking perhaps although you have turned it off it may still be "dripping" which you will find out if you take it off. I could be wrong. but it is one thing you could eliminate, it is also not supposed to be left connected.

here is a picture of my one.

fillhose.jpg

Sponsored Links
Mine doesn't have that - it's plumbed direct into the mains cold water with 15mm copper piping.

[/img]

That's the trouble with today's new fangled gadgets. At least you could disconnect the filling loop (though few people do). Life was so much less hassle when all you had to do for heating was put a pile of logs in the middle of the room and set light to it. :rolleyes:

28cdi have built in filling arrangement, if the grey filling key has been removed and the pressure keeps going up it will be the water to water heat exchamger which has failed letting mains water pass into the heating system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back