Worcester Bosch 30CDI doesn't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Worcester Bosch 30CDi, installed 3 years ago and has been working fine. However, woke up the other day to find that even though the stat was set to nil, the boiler was running at max.

A bit of investigation; hot water works as normal via the programmer, but ch can't be controlled at all by it. Stat is clicking on and off happily so nothing mechanical there at least; ch stays on even when programmer is lifted off the wall and disconnected.

I'm thinking there's a stuck control relay on the boiler control board - does that sound plausible?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK... That probably takes it beyond any hope I have of sussing it out! External controls beyong the stat & programmer? And which valves...

As you'll have guessed, I'm not a plumber!

I'm glad you find a perfectly legitimate question amusing.
The model 30Cdi alone could be anyone of three boiler types,and I wondered if the OP understood "conventional" correctly.

The model 30Cdi alone could be anyone of three boiler types,and I wondered if the OP understood "conventional" correctly.

3 models?

1 combi without zonevalves
2 conventional, with zonevalves
3 ??????????

As for the amusement factor: the :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: were meant to indicate that the :rolleyes: should not be taken seriously.

id assume its a system boiler but by conventional poster means open vented.
probably your CH zone valve stuck on

Ray

Cor, didn't mean to start a fight! :LOL:

zone valve stuck on... what's a zone valve (assuming that's not what I'd call a room stat! - and where would I find it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back