Worcester Bosch Boiler Question

thanks....

i thought he must have.

i wanted to check before i called bosch, as i didnt think it was their issue so sure they wont do anything about it.

guess i'll be making calls on a few plumbers to see if they can sort out.

looking at the possible causes, i guess its a fairly straight forward fix so fingers crossed !

thanks for all your help guys.

Sponsored Links
Each of the thermostats has a wire going to the valve, which in turn has a wire going to a junction box. So I have a junction box with three wires going to it (the 3 valves) and one single wire going to the boiler controlling the on/off I guess.
Now we know that you have a combi, it is easy to diagnose the cause of the problem and sort it out.

Start with the three valves. Each valve has a brown, blue, grey and orange wire (plus earth). All blue wires should connect to a common terminal, all grey wires to a second terminal and all orange wires to a third terminal, which should be the same terminal as the wire to the boiler). The brown wires are the control wire which should go to separate terminals and from there to the three thermostats.

The wire from the "orange" terminal to the boiler should go to the Lr terminal on the boiler. There should not be a link between Lr and Ls; if there is, remove it. (There may be a wire from the Ls terminal to the junction box. That's OK, it's the supply to the junction box.)

If the wiring is correct, the problem is probably in one of the valves. Disconnect one orange wire at a time (Turn power off first!) and see if the problem goes away. If it does, the disconnected valve is faulty.

Thanks

Will take a look and hopefully it's as described and a wire is wring rather than the valve not working bits only 6 months old so shouldn't be !

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back