Worcester Bosch combi boiler anybody please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worcestor Bosch combi boiler (floor standing type) (model Highflow 400 RSF).

I have had it 5 years, and had an engineer out once for a silly leak that turned out to be in a central heating pipe, so boiler was not the problem and I have been told these boilers never go wrong so my first question is, should I bother with the service contract? It costs nearly £200 a year. If you don't have it and have to call them the charge works out well over £200 a visit. And I will never use the British Gas one, after the experience, having had them do my servicing before on a previous boiler. I know this may be a funny thing to ask but I thought other people with their experiences could guide me.

The second question is a little more complicated. Basically no hot water the other day for the first time. Worcestor Bosch man showed me last time he came for that leak, that there are two little resets hidden at the front just under the control. I found the "right one" facing the unit had tripped, so I reset and working fine for a day and a half now. Looking in the book the right one is "safety temperature limiter thermostat reset button". So what is that first of all? And what would cause it to trip?

I am a retired building services man so no problem with doing anything but I need a little help please. I know all about the rules of what I can and can't touch.

All help appreciated. :?:

Sponsored Links
its over heating thats way the reset button popped

I would advise that you get it covered.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell which bit is over heating from what I said, the heating side or the hot water side?

Also as the hot water and heating temperature seems fine would it not be likely to be the stat/sensor that is faulty?

Its the boiler internally!

This model seems to be rather prone to problems caused by sludge in the heating system.

At that age I would recommend an insurance cover but be aware than most policies dont cover problems caused by sludge.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ok guys, cheers you have convinced me, I will take out the insurance cover.

would you go with Worcestor Bosch, who so far seemed quite good to me but are expensive, or do you know someone better to use for the boiler service contract?

Would generally say either Bg or the manufacturer for a service contract, but doubt that either will take on the boiler until the fault has been rectified and neither are obligated to fix a problem caused by sludge or scale. (in Bg's case they normally will then recommend a powerflush and not cover any more s & s faults until carried out).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back