Worcester Bosch fires on, off, on off, - any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have a 7 year old Worcester Bosch 28i RSF.
Occassionally when the heating is on I can hear the boiler fire up, extinguish then fire up and extinguish continually in a loop until it sorts itself out.
I can hear the relays in the control board turning on and off really fast.
Its as if the boiler thinks its a temperature then thinks 'no', I need to re-light, 'no' im up to temperature extinguish.
Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong and point me in the direction of the part that needs replaing??

Just so you konw the boiler was doing this before christmas so I had it serviced but it is still doing it. Tonight when I turned the temp knob up on the front of the boiler it stopped its crazy loop, fired up and stayed fired up which is why I thought temp related.

Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any ideas what a new sensor is likely to cost???

Also is it inside the burner or coupled to a water pipe inside the boiler?

Could it just be cleaned?

Possible pcb fault what you can hear is the relay clicking which is linked to pressure switch.
I had same problem on 24i rsf 3 weeks ago.
There was all carbon/arching marks on relay,changed pcb worked a treat

I did mention fault to engineer who suggested the service may sort it out. He did mention possible PCB replacement though as it sounded familiar with one they had just recently replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back