Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDI 30 no heating burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts,

Just a quick post no to make sure I'm not being a numpty before I call British Gas.

Situation is this:

Turn in hot tap, burner light comes on. Hot water comes out.

Select the 'on' setting for heating. Burner light does not light. No heating .

****Am I missing a setting that could cause this?***

Fyi: We have a smart hearing solution (cosy) which is disabled. Further complicated by the installer leaving the old wireless stat in (set to max 30c) - which has worked for years. But I'd have thought call would be overridden with 'on' setting.

We've also not long had a leak repaired by by British gas. Not sure we've used heating since then ().

Thanks for the time reading a basic question.

Sponsored Links
Try changing the batteries in the old wireless stat, bit of a bodge though leaving it like that.

To be fair it may be unrelated. Unless you mean the cosy install... In which case yes - 'professional install' :)

I think batteries are fine but I'll give it a go, it seems to connect to the wireless module ok. No blinking green light

New info- Cycling from 'off' to 'on' does fire up the burner but quickly turns off (5 seconds?) - no error code though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back