Worcester Bosch Greenstar R35 thermostat wiring

@picasso I'm not convinced that NS is connected internally, given that linking it to N on the install I did was the difference between it not working and working...

Sponsored Links
Well NS is the neutral connection for the external controls and it has to be connected to the main neutral somewhere in the boiler.

This is a list of boilers that hive cannot be connected to

GC Number

Boiler Model

Worcester Bosch ICC2 - ZWBR 11-37A

Worcester Bosch *C*RD 537i

Worcester Bosch *C*RD 542i

Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE Plus - ZWBR 7-28A

Worcester Bosch Greenstar HE Plus - ZWBR 11-35A

Worcester Bosch *C* Greenstar 30 HE Plus Combi

Worcester Bosch *C* Greenstar 35 HE Plus L Combi

Worcester Bosch *C* Greenstar R 30HE Plus

Worcester Bosch *C* Greenstar R 35HE Plus

Worcester Bosch *C* Greenstar R 40HE Plus

as the stat is working on the other boiler it probably isisnt one of these models, if it is you have been very lucky :cool:

NS is neutral send which is already connected internally, LS is live send and LR is live return aka switched live, I will be very surprised if your boiler works properly as this is a well known problem, please let us know how it goes.

First let me apologise for resurrecting such an old thread. However, I have this exact boiler (ZWBR 11-35 R 35 HE plus with TR2) and followed the advice given here to get it working with a Nest 3rd generation. I wired it as per mthorniley diagram also unplugged the TR2 and it works, the nest calls for heat and fires the burner correctly. However, when I look under info in the text display panel the burner switches on and off but the pump is always running. You mentioned a workaround? Is it possible to have a Nest working with a ZWBR 11-35 R 35 HE plus?

Sponsored Links
First let me apologise for resurrecting such an old thread. However, I have this exact boiler (ZWBR 11-35 R 35 HE plus with TR2) and followed the advice given here to get it working with a Nest 3rd generation. I wired it as per mthorniley diagram also unplugged the TR2 and it works, the nest calls for heat and fires the burner correctly. However, when I look under info in the text display panel the burner switches on and off but the pump is always running. You mentioned a workaround? Is it possible to have a Nest working with a ZWBR 11-35 R 35 HE plus?

Hi, Not sure if anyone is able to answer this...I am planning to install a Nest 3rd Gen thermostat but before i proceed i would like to make sure this indeed works with Greenstar R 35 HE Plus combi boiler. Simon, I see you are the last one who followed this post - did you manage to fix the issue around pump always running? Appreciate your feedback.

You can set them up to work but you have to isolate the control box which makes servicing etc a bit tricky

You can set them up to work but you have to isolate the control box which makes servicing etc a bit tricky

Thanks for your response mate, I am a bit new to this entire boiler setup. What do you mean isolate control box? I believed following the wiring on mthorniley diagram will help sort this problem and make Nest compatible but the side effects such as pump running?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back