worcester bosch oil boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new here can anyone help i have a cmbi oil boiler when i switch the hot water only on it heats up the radiators also any ideas guys thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the last chap is right there, it is most definately the diverter valve. They are very easy to change yourself. Presumably it's a heatslave, or danesmoore. Generally if you take the casing off the diverter is a box type valve with 3 pipes and a wire on it. Get the name of it, probably honeywell, order one up. if your lucky it might just be the motorised head. If not you'll need to get somone in.

Sponsored Links
hi guys thanks fr all your help top site how much will it cost to have done approx

The valve should cost around £60, i personally would charge you £50 if it took about an hour. For call out and travel etc.

Why not change just the cartridge???

They only cost about £ 30.00 and takes 1/2hr

Change the whole valve, and then its done....... saves on callbacks, I have found.......

if a solenoid has gone, I change the pump. If motor bearings gone, I change the motor, If a riello jack has gone..its plugged.

lifes too short to prat around. well thats my opinoin :LOL:

its a philoshophical thing. :LOL:

if a solenoid has gone, I change the pump. If motor bearings gone, I change the motor,

I change the faulty bits. I then get paid more, yet the customer pays less. It's a greed thing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back