Oil fed worcester-bosch 12/15 Danesmoor boiler, which has stopped heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post, I hope you can help me with my Boiler issue.

I have an Oil fed worcester-bosch 12/15 Danesmoor boiler, which has stopped heating water.
The central heating pump is working fine, so it has power but only that, it does not fire up and heat on either the c/h setting or the hot water only setting.

I can not see a reset button at all or anyway of 're-starting' the flame to the boiler if it has gone out.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
Take the front casing off. Is there a light on the burner, that could be a button? If so, press it and see if anything happens. I assume you've checked that you actually have some oil in your tank?

Hi. Thanks. Loafs if oil. No obvious controls on the boiler!! Only used to gas ones I have had previously.

Take a photo of it with the front casing off and post it here

Sponsored Links
If your Heatslave has a balanced flue, the burner is encased in an aluminium box.
Pull that clear and see if the lock out lamp is lit on the control box (this should be repeated on the front panel).
Press the lamp to see if the thing will restart.
There's also an overheat button top left within the casing......try pushing it up.
John :)

1t1mcg.jpg

311uzav.jpg

16c8ft0.jpg

jghc9e.jpg

Thank you for your help :)

Pop off that box with the Fernox sticker on......the burner is inside.
See if the red lock out light is lit - press it in if it is.

Hi John, Thank you.

I can see no lock out light. This is what I have under the hood of that.

Any ideas? the clear box has a button which you can press, tried that - nothing. The boiler has power as the pump runs when you select 'heating for radiator' mode.

Attachments

• IMG_20150713_165432.jpg
    IMG_20150713_165432.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 645
The clear button is in fact the burner lock out / reset switch......if the burner has tried to light but failed, it will glow red.
So, yours doesn't so there has to be some sort of power failure to the burner.
Can you confirm the upper of the two lights on the front panel is lit?
If it is, there will be an overheat trip usually situated top left of the boiler interior, front panel off. It's in fact at the bottom of the control panel housing, and you push it vertically upwards.
Failing that, there's a fuse within the control panel, on the circuit board that needs checking. If I remember, it's 3.12 amp, slow blow.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Neither of the two lights are lit at all. They are both off.

Must be a power issue then, as you mention. May I ask where I find the control panel fuse please?

First, you need to check the power feed to the boiler, however it's fed......spur switch, check fuse etc. the top lamp needs to be on before the thing will play ball!
The fuse on the circuit board is within the steel box at the front, boiler top panel off.

Okay so after looking.

The boiler has a white mains cable which comes out, and up in to the timer box, which controls when the boiler comes on/off. See photo here:
This timer box has power, is on and works. If I switch the boiler to 'central heating mode' so the radiators should warm. The pump inside the boiler starts (not the boiler heater part however)

Cables then leave the timer control box, up over the ceiling and to the water tank area where I have this! (see next post)

pic 1

Attachments

• IMG_20150713_174816.jpg
    IMG_20150713_174816.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20150713_174816.jpg
    IMG_20150713_174816.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 356
Goes to this (pic2)

There is a fused spur here, could it be here that has blown? The immersion heater switch lights up when you press it (assume this is working still)

Thanks

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_20150713_174845.jpg
    IMG_20150713_174845.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 385

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back