Worcester bosh 27 CDI pressure gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just had this boiler fitted and at this moment the pressure gauge is at 1 bar which is fine as the heating is turned off but i noteced that when i turn the hot water on at the tap the pressure suddenly drops to about 1/2 a bar then when the boiler turns off it returns back to 1 bar is this normal also what should i have the main tempreture set to on the boiler for the central heating its about half way at the moment but i did read somewhere that it should be set to the highest possible. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me that the filling loop to your boiler has been left on ( and has no nonreturn valve). I'm guessing your water pressure/flow is quite low.

If this so you may have a leak on your system and the installer has tried to cover it up by letting it fill all the time, or it could be a simple oversite.

Cheers

the filling link is always connected you have to put a key in to fill the system and the key is not in the pressue is always at 1 bar apart from when you turn the tap on for hot water so i don't think there is a leak

Sponsored Links
You are quite correct, machine, but I'm guessing there is an external filling loop on the old system and this was a boiler swap.

Come across this a lot especially in top floor flat conversions.

Cheers

the filling link is always connected you have to put a key in to fill the system and the key is not in the pressue is always at 1 bar apart from when you turn the tap on for hot water so i don't think there is a leak

Can you turn off the cold into the boiler & turn the hot tap on?

What does the pressure gauge do now?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back