Worcester combi 240 bf - Heating warms when run the hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new pump fitted to my Worcester 240bf combi and its going great.

I'm now trying to find out why my radiators warm up on putting on the hot tap, even though the central heating is set to off.

My engineer wasn't informed of this at the time he fitted the new pump.

I suspect from this forum it might be the diverter valve thats faulty. The engineer checked it by observing it when I put on and off the hot tap and said it was working ok.

Is it possible that its faulty even though it appears to be working visually.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IN your other thread you said it was OK on CH prior to changing the pump. How long did you leave it on CH?

Is it possible that its faulty even though it appears to be working visually.
Yes. They don't need to leak much for you to feel it in a couple of rads. It's quite likely to be dirt in the system (also kills pumps) so if you have the DV replaced or cleaned, it's likely to do it agaiin.

Thanks Chris,
When I said that the CH was working OK I meant that it was firing up and heating the rads.

We have had this problem with the rdaiators warming up when using the hot water for quite some time before our recent break down and just lived with it.

I'm now wondering whether I should get my newly found engineer to fix this as he did a good job with fitting the new pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back