Worcester Combi pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi wouldn't start because I bled the radiators and the pressure went too low. Someone on the forum kindly explained about the filling loop and i got the pressure back. However, when I tried to start it back up again it doesn't heat up, water escapes from the overflow and the pressure has gone right back down again.
Anyone have any ideas please? washing my hair this morning in the sink with the kettle wasn't much fun!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you haven't turned them all off for some reason?

joe

what model worc? have you checked the reset button?

Sponsored Links
It's a 280. I don't have a manual for it. Is the reset button on the main control panel? at what point would I do that? just after I had re pressurised? I turned off the power when I repressurised it, should I have done that?

Thanks for your help

not a 100 per cent on the 280 but try the top left hand side on the top of the boiler,should be a red button just press it down and the boiler should fire

Thanks very much I'll have a go tonight, should I do it straight after I've repressurised it again?

you need to clean the s/r valve to stop it passing water ,then repressurise the boiler then the reset button,unless you stop the valve passing water it will keep happening if you are not confident about being able to do this contact a competant heating engineer

joe-90 said:
Are you sure you haven't turned them all off for some reason?
On what planet does water escape from the boiler overflow when all the radiators are turned off?

Worcester Combi system won't keep pressure up and water is escaping from the overflow!!! I repressurised it and got it working for a bit but it gradually loses pressure again. Also I don't understand the reset buton, it wont depress? Does it need a key, it's got a cross shape on it?

Please help...Brrrhhh!

If you cannot depress it then it has not tripped.

How gradual is your loss of water.

Does the pressure rise above 3 bar when the boiler operates.

The pressure loss was originally over about two hours then it got even faster. The pressure never rises when it's turned on. I started it (repressrised) at 1.5 and it just drops. The water just shoots out of the overflow.

Im not a plumber, but I had a similar problem a while back. It was simply the overflow release valve that was not closing off properly. Mine was spring loaded. So I just gave it a good twist and let it spring closed a couple of times and bob is your etc. no more pressure drops from water escaping. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back