1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

worcester controller DT20 vs hive (or similar)

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by worto03, 9 Oct 2014.

1. worto03

worto03

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm about to have a new boiler installed, we've been recommended a worcester bosch greenstar 30si compact and a DT20 controller.

In my last house we went for the digital controller that came with the Vaillant boiler and found it too complicated to bother using, I'm worried we'll find the same with the DT20

my partner works 3 days a week, so is home for the other two, then we're all over the place on weekend having two young children.

Am I better off ditching the DT20, going for the cheapest thing I need for it to function then rigging it up to a hive system or something similar which I'll be able to connect to via my phone.

Thanks for any advice,
    worto.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. SilentDancer

SilentDancer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. doitall

doitall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. SilentDancer

SilentDancer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes Wave is transferable with a property. Also BG want to spy on your energy usage with Hive whereas Worcester have promised the data belongs to the homeowner.

6. doitall

doitall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wish you hadn't added the last part about data.

I don't think the trade trusts any of the manufacturers in that department

Hello Mrs Smith WB here, it's been 12month since we installed your wave. this is a reminder that to continue with the extended warranty we, sorry you need to have an annual service, and we are more than happy to rip you off with a service contract.

No, don't worry about the RGI that installed it, we're quite happy to pinch their service trade. :rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sponsored Links
  8. petit_pablo

petit_pablo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OP the DT20 isn't overly complicated, certainly more user friendly than the Vaillant controls.

9. worto03

worto03

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies,

petit_pablo - it's not just the complication, I'm sure I'd work it out (not so sure about my other half though!). I also want to be able to connect to it externally.

thanks SilentDancer I'd not heard of the wave, I'll take a look at it. On first glance it certainly seems to tick all the boxes :)

Thanks,
    worto.

10. doitall

doitall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If WB can be trusted (unlikely, expect lots of marketing calls) then the wave is 10 x better than the hive simply on the one point thats it's transferable to any new home owner.

11. andy1494

andy1494

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

12. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local