Worcester E9.24 RSF - no hot water unless CH on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have what seems a common problem in that I can only get hot water out of my 9.24 when the CH is on. I've read this thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25403 as well as many others and think I understand that the problem lies with the DV and it will need replacing.

However, in the mean time is there a knack to getting a constant flow of hot water with the CH on?

If the CH has been on for a while then I get an intitial flow of very hot water (presumbaly water that has been sat in the boiler heating up) but then it goes luke warm or cold. If I get the tap pressure just right then I can get a constant flow of warm water (just about warm enough for a bath/shower) but it's a bit hit and miss.

At the moment the summer/winter lever is set to winter, the temp is set to max and there are 3 radiators on when I'm trying to get hot water. Would things improve if I only had one radiator on? Alternatively is there a way of manually activating the microswitch so that I can hot water without the CH on?

The mains water pressure in the house seems quite high. Would things improve if I only opened the stopcock partially?

Any answers to these questions will be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Switch can be operated manually but as there is no movement of diaphragm blr will only pass water to htg circuit anyway

9.24 has a calorifier in it i think, like the 240 /280 probably needs descaling (a regular job for us as we are in hard water area) at worst its a new tank about £200 for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back