worcester g/star 24i jnr strange fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys firstly any help or advice would be great.

the boiler is as above a 24i jnr GC ( 4731186 ) combi

i was gas qualified a few years back but didn't requalify due to a back injury leaving me unable to do the job.

so the problem i have is the boiler going to lockout and displaying a fault code : blue light flashing slowly and red light flash quickly.

i believe the condensate was frozen so i defrosted this and reset the boiler, it fired then and the water began to heat when running a tap, but then 5 minutes later the same fault code appeared and would not fire again

i can hear the fan running and water begins to criculate, but there is a gurgling noise and no heating or hw .

any tips or advice on what to check for or what to advise the guy i will get to look for me ( he is gas safe but fairly new to it ) so advise on what he can do would be good.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Your condensate is still blocked. Undo condensate from syphon left hand side, bowl underneath. Job done! Set it up so it condensates into a bucket until this cold spell is over!

do you reckon its definitely still blocked, stupid me ! i poured a kettle of hot water over the area that was outside, i assume it may have got its wat further up the pipe ? , even into the trap in the boiler ?

it fired initially when i gave it a kettle of water but ten faults that code.

Sponsored Links
If overflow pipe has been used, then the chances are that it has frozen inside the wall.... I use a little steam cleaner to force steam onbetween the wall and pipe

Ok so i looked under the boiler and saw a black rubber tube connecting the condensate trap to the condensate pipe. ive disconnect this black tube to clear any blockages, the plastic see through condensate trap is FULL of water, is this normal or not . the boiler is still faulting. thanks guys

Would you like us to come and do it for you as well?... You stated that you used to be qualified and your mate is GS. This is basic stuff

a few years back i worked on Gas, this was before condensing boilers were common and yes a friends son has offered to come and look tomorrow , hes half hour drive away so i was just hoping for advice incase it is simple to do as he is probably busy aswell,

i'll stop asking questions after this one ( sorry )

would the whole condensate pipe be full of water backing up behind the frozen section ? and should the condense trap be full or empty ? as when ive disconnected the black rubber, onyl a few drips came from the trap other than that it is FUll and with the drips came some sort of grit type substance

THANKS ( and sorry )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back