Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler resetting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently changed a radiator in my bungalow. Followed what I believe was the correct procedure
  • switched off the boiler
  • opening and draining from the drain valve
  • opening all valves including the bleeds
  • replace the radiator
  • close the drain valve and bleeds
  • turned boiler back on
  • repressurise and bleed for each rad
All worked fine but in the space of the last 2 weeks since changing the radiator I have had to reset the boiler about 3-4 times. The reset flashes steadily on/off and the blue light is normally on, flashes off. It seems to happen when a shower is being taken. Pressure is steady at 1.5bar except when the shower is running (normal?) It's a bit of a chore as every time I have to scramble up to the attic to reset the boiler. Hope to put inhibitor in asap when I know all is sorted.

Obviously this is something that's resulted from the work I've done. Have I made a beginners mistake?? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
These boiler are very temperamental when they have been isolated. A blue flashing light could be a number of faults, as the rate and manner of the indicator flashing could flag up differing faults.
It could be worth checking all radiators have been bled of air and re-pressurize accordingly, it is always best to slowly fill the system rather than fill at full rate, if this does not work! Then it will be something that will take a gas safe engineer to correct. As it could be down to a variety of components.

Thanks PBD, these budget Worcester boilers seem to be everywhere and for me I too have found them to be a bit on the temperamental side (a lot of properties I've lived in they've been fitted). I might have a go at redraining the system which will give me a chance to put in the inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back