Worcester greenstar 25si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am totally new here so hope some one may be able to help, the above worcester condensing boiler is located in the kitchen, I need to remove and replace the radiator valves in the bathroom, altering the position slightly for a new rad/towel rail.

As the bathroom radiator is above the boiler, do I need to drain the whole system or just drain enough to work on the pipes in the bathroom? There is only one other radiator upstairs, so I was hoping I could get away with a partial drain?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Just drain down to the level you need to work at. take this opportunity to put some inhibitor in as well.

Many thanks, was hoping I could get away with that, the system already has inhibitor in it. If I do a partial drain, I will obviously lose some, but how do I know how much to put in, and should it be the same make?
Cheers
Shaun

Sponsored Links
Just add a litre of X100 or the Fernox equivalent. You can't overdose it.

If you know the existing make then use that, if you don't then don't worry about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back