Worcester Greenstar 30si - no central heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler works fine for domestic hot water and the pressure remains at a constant 2 bar.
When the Central heating is turned on, the boiled fires up ok briefly but then shuts down.
It then goes through a restart sequence 5 times before locking out with the blue light off then flashing briefly on. The Lockout Reset button flashes too.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
In that case you should be able to deduce from the service manual and your own tests what the problem is likely to be!

Tony

Sponsored Links
In that case you should be able to deduce from the service manual and your own tests what the problem is likely to be!

Tony

I suspect that you don't know the answer either else you would probably have been more forthcoming.

Perhaps there's someone who isn't a smart arse and who knows about this boiler who would like to help?

The diverter valve appears so have six wires, is there some kind of feedback that tells the controller whether it's functioning correctly, or is this a dumb unit without feedback?

I'm coming to the conclusion that the diverter valve is stuck so that the water just goes through the domestic hot water circuit but there's no demand for hot water so it overheats. Quite why the system would then keep trying to relight the boiler is a mystery though.

I'm trying to assist someone to diagnose this problem in another part of the country.

Im sure tony knows exactly what is wrong but chooses not to help because you shouldnt have even taken the case off, the fault finding manual on worcesters are very helpful and if you are a mechanical/electrical engineer it should be a piece off p**s for you

Im sure tony knows exactly what is wrong but chooses not to help because you shouldnt have even taken the case off, the fault finding manual on worcesters are very helpful and if you are a mechanical/electrical engineer it should be a piece off p**s for you

Had you read my last reply you would have seen that I haven't even seen the boiler, it's at a friends house in another part of the country.

Both your attitudes are exactly why I have as little to do with 'professionals' as possible. As it happens, I think it's under warranty and it's going to get fixed by the supplier. I think I've got it figured out anyway though, no thanks to the people here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back