Worcester Greenstar HE ZB 7-28 not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler was working great.

I thought I would be clever and bled two radiators. That went well, but I didn't repressurise the boiler.

So when I tried to bleed a third radiator, no air or water came out of it and I didn't put the cap back on properly.

Anyway, that caused a leak and the reason the boiler went off and for no water pressure in the boiler discovered!

That fixed and the boiler repressurised into the green zone.

But boiler shows an EA error. If I press the reset button, it gets up to 20-21 and then goes back to EA.

Is there something simple I need to do to get the boiler working again?

Sponsored Links
Is that not the condense refill cycle? If the power has been shut off it goes to that for about 15 mins. Was the power shut off? After that, normal service is resumed.

Thanks Pete - will leave it then to see if it completes the cycle. Many thanks.

After a few attempts, it finally got up to temperature and stayed on. But last night, it stopped again.

Flashing EA and lock light flashing.

When I restart it starts to climb in temperature to low 20s and then cuts out, but doesn't go through display alternating between -II- and the boiler
flow temperature. If it does that you know the boiler will stay on. That's what happened when it stayed on for the last few days.

Any ideas or is it best left to a plumber now?

Sponsored Links
What seems to happen is:

I press the unlock button and it goes from flashing EA to -- to a temperature.

It then goes (for example) 29, 30, 31 then 30 29

The red flame light comes on for a few seconds and it climbs again 29 30 31 32

then falls again a couple of degrees and the red flame light comes back on for a few seconds

Then it goes back to flashing EA and flashing lock

If I unlock it it does the above again, every time geting slighttly higher temperatures

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back