WORCESTER GREENSTAR HEAT EXCHANGER PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after fitting a reconditioned heat exchanger to a ten year old greenstar 24ri we are still encountering problems with lack of heat in the radiators. the return pipe remains stone cold although plenty of heat to the flow pipe.. we are getting a chirping noise on the pump and the green burn light is on very briefly. this seems to be acting like the old blocked heat exchanger athough it is supposed to be completely refurbished. Prior to this, we have flushed the system removing all radiators and run system with cleaner in on 2 occasions. we changed pump and 3 way switch as a precaution.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
we - i mean i....have called the professionals and have had several gas fitters in our areas who have been unable or unwilling to look into the cause of the problem. if i am doing something wrong would you say as i searched this sight before hand regarding fitting a heat exchanger

.have called the professionals and have had several gas fitters in our areas who have been unable or unwilling to look into the cause of the problem.
i wonder why :whistle:, FFS man whats wrong with you . hope you changed the seals because a reconditioned ( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)probably won't come with seals .and stop fooking fiddling;) . on a serious note is the recondition heat/ex the rippled version ???:)

Nick, the rgi's on here are not allowed to offer help and advice on gas related issues.

Sounds like you need a decent local man if you can find one or get a fixed price Worcester repair.

At 10 years old, you may even consider a boiler replacement if you are feeling flush!

With a cold return pipe and hot flow pipe you clearly don't have any circulation.

The pump is the obvious suspect!

Sounds to me as if your attempts to avoid a professional have resulted in considerable extra cost to you.

A DIYer should not even be opening the boiler case as that is room sealed. The obvious advice is to solve the pump problem and then get a professional to check the boiler for safety.

Tony

I'd be cleaning the circulation pipes a long long time before I ever dreamed of looking at a heat exchanger problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back