Worcester greenstar heatslave 12 18 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

Hope someone can help me out here, I have the above boiler it's oil fired and there's plenty of oil in the tank on the hot water side everything works great boiler comes on on demand all year round not a problem works a treat.

Now on the ch side 7 out of 10 times it trips out when the ch is called for which in turn kills the hot water until reset then everything is fine again, any ideas where to start looking i fitted a new pump and nozzle last year aswell as a good service but that hasn't fixed it, when its working its brilliant ?????

Sponsored Links
I press a reset which is at the top left underneath the control panel underneath the hot water control, i have to remove the front panel to gain access

Last edited:
I would say the boiler is operating properly with the info we have and that the controls (3 port valve), a pipe blockage or air lock on the CH side maybe to blame

Sponsored Links
The ch has been bled and re presurized numerous times, i dont think that's the issue, all radiators have full heat and no pressure loss at gauge

What temperature are you running the central heating at? If towards the top of the range, try turning it down whilst it is still relatively warm. The boiler is going out on high limit which is usually associated with circulation problems. You could try removing the diverter valve actuator and see how free the movement of the valve is. It may be partly obstructed on the heating port.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back