Worcester Greenstar Ri kaput - two blue light flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I think our dishwasher tripped the kitchen circuit (I am almost certain it was the dishwasher and not the boiler tripping the circuit).

This caused the boiler to behave as follows: a long pause then two quick flashes from the blue fault indicator in the middle of the unit

With the thermostat to maximum and the timeswitch set to on and when starting the unit up:

- the unit green (ignition?) light comes on, the unit makes 'boiler' type noises, and (I'm almost sure!) the radiators get warm. The only problem is the flashing blue light in the centre of the unit: off for five seconds then two blue flashes per second, and repeat.

Can anyone help?

ps I have tried turning the temperature knob anticlockwise to 'reset', but that seems to not change anything.

Many thanks

Norm

View media item 60068ps not sure if the second picture of the numbers is any help.
View media item 60069

Sponsored Links
Try powering off the heating system at the fused spur for ten mins and then see if it clears, poss power cut has caused the boiler a few problems, usually you would only get two flashes when in service mode. Worth a try first, hopefully nothing damaged on pcb?

Thanks 1983.

Was just going to do as you said, but found that I now have a happy boiler with the blue light on glowing away constantly.

It's a bit odd, in that it's been over 2 hours since the power cut, and I only checked it 10 mins ago.

All's well that ends well...

Norm

Sponsored Links
No probs, glad you got it sorted. Maybe voltage spike?? Keep an eye on it though.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back