Worcester Heat Slave High Flow Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have an 15-20 year old Worcester Heatslave Highflow boiler (4131139/4131138). It worked perfectly up until December of last year - we had a powercut and when the power came back on the heating wouldn't work but the hot water did.

We were advised that the master valve had failed and had this replaced but afterwards only the storage tank in the boiler was filling up and being heated so we had a few seconds of hot water but nothing else unless both the CH and HW switches on the control panel were set to "off" but the timer was "On" - then we had plenty of how water!

This was diagnosed as being a fault with the valve and so it was changed but unfortnately now we not only have no hot water but the storage tank isn't filling up and the trick of turning the swtches to "Off" doesn't work any more either.

We have a very nice plumber who is helping us with this but he has reached the end of his ideas and we really can't afford the £000's to replace it!

Can anyone help with some diaognosis?

Thank you
Jac

Sponsored Links
Hi Jac
The 1st part does sound like a motorised valve problem (possibly cartridge sticking), but if that's been changed and hasn't worked and now there's an additional problem I'd say you'd be better off getting a boiler man in to have a look rather than the friendly plumber.
Does the boiler attempt to fire when you're running hot water?
Does the water pump run when you select central heating?

I suppose its nice for both of you if you have this friendly plumber whom you are happy to pay to change parts which dont solve the problem.

All I can say is that everyone I go to is does not see me as friendly or nice and only expects me to do what they called me for which is to repair the boiler in one visit and at a minimum cost without changing parts on a suck it or see basis at their expense!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back