Worcester Heatslave 11 oil boiler adding inhibitor to system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had this oil boiler fitted last year and on returning from a holiday switching on the central heating for the first time over the summer last week I noticed one of the radiators needed bleeding. I bled it but being very tired I didn't tighten the bleed valve sufficiently and some water leaked out. I immediately turned the heating off. The pressure is now showing just above 0 cold. I want to add inhibitor to the system before topping up the pressure with the loop.

With my old Camray 5, I just used to release the pressure with the pressure relief valve and drain some water out of one of the radiators and then add the inhibitor into the top of the radiator before topping up the pressure. Can I just do the same with this boiler or what do you suggest ?

Sponsored Links
Best to leave the PRV alone, I like to inject Fernox F1 through a rad bleed valve and at the same time leave another bleed open to equalise the pressure.
Once done, up the pressure through the filling loop up to 1 bar.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back