Worcester Heatslave 2+ combi boiler (installed early 80s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I wonder whether anyone can help me? My 78 year old mother who lives in Bristol has a Worcester Heatslave 2+ combi gas boiler (S/N 0104849) which is playing up. It is struggling to produce hot water.

She has a British Gas maintenance contract but when she called them out, they said that the system needs flushing (which would cost her £500!) and that they are unable to source spare parts for her boiler because of its age.

Buying a new boiler would not only be expensive, it would also mean a complete revamp of my mother's kitchen. (Modern boilers are wall-mounted. Her's is floor standing). So to my question(s). Does anyone know where to obtain spares for this boiler? Secondly, can anyone recommend the name of a good and reasonable plumber in the Bristol area who is familiar with this boiler and who could source and fit the necessary spares?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
hi mate h.r.p.c (0117 9721376) usual have a good sock of parts for your boiler but at the age it is now replacement wouldn't be a bad idea, there are a range of floor standing replacements such as Vokera Linea Max HE Combi Boiler or a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440CDi . also try getting in touch with eagar/warm front if she's receiving benefits she may be entitled to a grant 0800 072 9006 :?: its worth a try

@Crashndie - thanks for the suggestions. (Btw, HRPC is now known as 'Parts Center' for anyone else needing parts).

@cider - my mother lives in Clifton.

If anyone can recommend a reasonably-priced plumber who is familiar with this boiler, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Most likely problem is the hot water tank is scaled up, and yes it can be de-scaled with the right equipment.

And No, a BG powerflush wouldn't do any good.

Most likely problem is the hot water tank is scaled up, and yes it can be de-scaled with the right equipment.

And No, a BG powerflush wouldn't do any good.

Thanks for the advice. Would it not be quicker/cheaper/easier just to replace the hot water tank? Alternatively, what sort of equipment is needed for a de-scale and are BG likely to have such equipment?

I would use a pump and tank with special chemicals, but I suspect it may not be that common in the domestic market.

You need to find someone local that has the kit.

Before you do anything, you have to ask if you really think it's worth spending say a £1000.00 on a 20-30 year old boiler

We have descaling equipment yes, but would'nt be descaling the tank on such an old system.

As DIA stated, is it worth spending copious amounts of money on such an old system that is only likely to cause problems again in the future?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back