Worcester Heatslave 20/25 electric motor

er.... did you say THREE securing screws???? Mine only ever had TWO! I don't remember seeing another tapped hole, but I'm now wondering whether that was the cause of my trouble all along?

Sponsored Links
I can't be sure on that one but all the ones I've seen have 3......its a form of centralising the pump on the back of the motor which doesn't work particularly well. If the pump is out of line the motor won't start up due to a tight spot. Once you have the thing apart you'll see what I mean....the pump has a tapered shoulder that the screws bear onto.
John :)

Just changed bearings on 15/19 worchester bosch heatslave, bearings have done well considering age of 15+yrs, very easy to change, thought the bearings where going to be a pig to get off, but 2 screwdrivers to lever them and they slid off easy. Motor came apart very easy, new bearings slid on easy - chilled motor part and warmed up bearings. Bearings are 6202zz on burner end and 6202 rubber sealed on pump end. Lovely quite boiler again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back