Worcester Heatslave 3.5

Have you got a drain valve under a downstairs radiator?

Try tapping the pressure guage to see if it has stuck. If upstairs rads are empty then chances are there is no pressure left in system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave,

there isnt a drain on any of the downstairs rads, I had a look at the pipe runs as well, and there doesnt appear to be one there either.

the guage doesnt appear to be stuck, if i tap it the needle it will jump around quite a bit but always returns to .5bar, that said I suppose it could still be jammed inside somewhere.

If i remove a bleed from downstairs rads, then the water does come out of the bleed screws with a little pressure so i wonder if this is where the issue is (could it be an air lock) ?

:?:

If i pumped up the PV to 10psi now, and the needle does not move, would it be fair to assume that there is no water in the PV (otherwise it would either displace any water via the drain, or I would see a corresponding increase on the guage of around another half bar) ?

:?:
If I do this and the needle does not move, do you think i could then close the valves and bleeds, and refill to say 0.8 bar, then fire it up for a few mins to see if it vents out the air blockage ? and things return to normal ?

Many thanks for your patience and help

Cheers
Shaun

Are you sure your filling loop is fully closed? I cannot think why your pressure is not down to zero :confused: It should be if you are draining from boiler drain.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I checked that, it is fully closed,

its got me stumped...

As a test, i put 10psi into the PV, with the drain and the PRV open.
At first a small amount of water came out the drain (black this time) and then nothing. The PV is holding the air ok, and the gauge did not move at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back