Worcester Heatslave 9.24

M

MarkGibson

Right,

As you know by now my boiler is playing up, cutting out after 15 mins of hot water. It is cutting out on overtemp from the overtemp sensor which is a genuine condition.

I have tested the water temp output at the tap and its at 40 degrees C.

Which is warm but not warm enough, now I know the boiler is working correctly because A its cutting out on overtemp and B the external parts of the sec heat ex are very hot (havent got my fancy thermometer yet so dont know the actual value).
I also know that the pump must be working fine as the central heating is fine in all rooms.

This leaves a number of things, the gas valve, the secondary heat exchanger, and the electronic circuit board. (am I right)

The gas valve I have sort of discounted this myself as the fact the central heating works therefore the gas valve must be regulating the gas to control the central heating temp?

THe electronic circuit board, this could be a possible problem, if I have say a bad connection from the flow sensor to the board, or the actual part of the board which deal with the sensor is faulty, so it could be this?

The secondary heat exchanger, its quite obvious to me from feeling the output pipe that it is dramatically cooler than the input from the main boiler, also the water temp at full flow is around 40 degrees c indicating that a effieicent transfer of heat it not occouring which could be causing the overheat if the temperature isnot getting above 40 therefore the electronics are not telling the boiler to stop/reduce the gas ?

Any help advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark :cry:

Sponsored Links
Your last paragraph sounds correct,you have a poor transfer of heat but you cant assume your pump is ok just because the heatind is. Your gas output is lower on heating than hot water and stored in a larger body of water ,when on dhw the boiler is on max gas and only circulateing around the boiler so good circultion is important,you need to check your pump as described previously

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back