Worcester heatslave highflow 3.5 combi Flue help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our internal section of the flue has rusted through and the boiler has been condemned. Scottish gas reckon we cant replace it and so need a new boiler (Greenstar Highflow 440CDi £4300 or £8200 on credit !!!!).

Does anyone know who or where might have the required part or if it is possible to get a replacement made??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
part center still have a standard flue listed for 4131139 and 4131140 which is the BF & RSF models but if yours is the 4131138 OF model then there are none available.

Thank you for the swift reply.

Unfortunately parts center have it listed but not in stock and as Worcester no longer make the Flue they cannot source one.

We have tried other sites and none have in stock.

Will be looking to replace the boiler and will start new thread for advice.

Thanks again.

I never recommend keeping an old and inefficient boiler.

However, if I was tasked with keeping one going for a very good reason then I expect that I could source the bits needed from the basic materials.

In fact I probably already have exactly the bits needed in our store. The problem is that its not worth my while spending two hours searching for someone who wants to buy the bits for £10 ( when they probably cost us many times that! ).

The normal solution is to replace the boiler. Independents usually quote at least £1000 less than BG.

By chance I am repairing one this week!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I never recommend keeping an old and inefficient boiler.

However, if I was tasked with keeping one going for a very good reason then I expect that I could source the bits needed from the basic materials.

In fact I probably already have exactly the bits needed in our store. The problem is that its not worth my while spending two hours searching for someone who wants to buy the bits for £10 ( when they probably cost us many times that! ).

The normal solution is to replace the boiler. Independents usually quote at least £1000 less than BG.

By chance I am repairing one this week!

Tony

Your speaking hypothetically of course??

No.

But no one has ever asked me to do that repair on that model ( yet ).

Tony

Would be willing to spend more than ten pound if you have the required part.

Tony

I would need to take out the old one and match it with what we have in our store. If it was in our local area I would be quoting about £300 !

With a boiler that old you should be replacing it with a nice new wall mounted unit!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back