Worcester highflow 400 electronic boiler not working help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am house sitting for a friend and the boiler has stopped working. Before I call out an engineer, can anyone please help me problem solve in case it is a simple solution.

The red light above central heating symbol is flashing, there is no hot water from taps or any heating. I checked the water pressure which was very low and then re-pressurized the system, that hasn't helped. Any ideas?

:cry:

Sponsored Links
You don't say whether this is the BF or RSF model. The RSF has a fan.
The BF has a permanent pilot.

Sponsored Links
Electronics are all RSF are they not?

Thats what I thought too.

Is the flashing light an ignition failure indication?

Letting the pressure go down usually tripps an o/h stat but they are not usually monitored.

The good news is that its unlikely to be anything serious. Most that I go to are sludged up!

Tony

to reset these you turn (gently) both stats on the boiler back to zero and then turn them back up...see if that starts it again

also is it a fast or slow flash ?

Thanks,

Its flashing on and off in about a second. I may sound completely stupid but are the stats the round dials controlling the temperature of water and heating?

Caroline

yes the two dials on the front facure. simply turn both to the left to zero and then back up again. tell us what happens then.

Hi, nothing happens. The red light remains flashing. I think that the dial for the central heating is broken though because it turns all the way round and doesnt click into place like the hot water one. Could this affect it?

unfortuneately yes the spindle is prob snapped and thus unable to reset. am afraid i cant help anymore because i wouldn t advise removing casing where you have live electrics

ok thanks for your help. Can I order a new spindle somewhere or would someone need to come out and refit one?

the knob / spindle is pence to buy but you'd need to access the pcb to remove the snapped bit from the pcb. you ll get one from partscentre and its the same knob as the worcester cdi one

Thanks so much for your help! At least I may have a clue whats wrong with it now.

Caroline

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back