Worcester Highflow 400 Electronic RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My sister has just moved into a house with the above mentioned boiler, I understand it's not one of the better Worcester boilers made?

Any particular things to look out for and would it be worth getting some sort of insurance on this boiler?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
corrosion is this turds biggest enemy. it fills up fast with crap and is a pig to work on at times. a decent filter works miracles on these, stops the crap from the system getting in and saves on big bills later on.

BG will take it on but i would prefer you to go see worcester, saves me working on it. :LOL:

I honestly would save some cash and get rid of it when it starts to play up, not too difficult to change the plated hx but if thats full of muck so will your hw tank and that cant be cleaned and a good 500 quid to replace. You could take a bg contract on the lowest cover and pay for a powerflush this will then give you a lifetime guarantee on all the parts getting full of muck, tank, heat exhanger, manifolds etc.

Sponsored Links
Even power flushing will not get all the dirt out of the tank.

Its possible to largely dissolve it with citric acid correctly dosed and added but that risks the rads and pipework.

By adding small repeated doses of acid I usually have considerable success but thats time consuming.

Tony

No thats what I mean, powerfushing will hardly clean the tank at all. However if you have paid for a bg powerflush you are on a lifetime guarantee which means you are covered for replacements of all the dirty components including the tank. New tank, dhw hx and manifolds plus labour is a damn sight more expensive than even a bg powerflush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back